DCML Digest, Vol 8, Issue 57

disneyfanjune@ignmail.com disneyfanjune at ignmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:42:24 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur"
Subject: W.i.t.c.h. and other 'girlie' Disney titles
> Hi,
>
> As you may know I have a website on Disney comics and magazines from around
> the world at http://www.wolfstad.com/dcw
>
> I get a lot of emails from people, such as:
>
> "Can you please sell W.i.t.c.h. in the United Arab Emirates?"
> "How can I get Brazilian Disney magazines in Georgia?"
> "Why did you stop Super Mickey in Egypt?"
>
> Although my site clearly mentions that it is an unofficial fan site, people
> still seem to often think that it is official. A lot of questions are about
> how to subscribe to English Disney comics or to the ones by Gemstone in
> particular. I have sent dozens of people to Gemstone's website where they
> can subscribe.
>
> I am really amazed by the popularity of W.i.t.c.h. around the world! I get a
> lot of emails about it. The recent article that Lars Jensen sent around,
> that was published in Publishers Weekly
> (http://publishersweekly.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=
> CA330761) mentions that W.i.t.c.h. is published in 42 countries around the
> world! That must make it one of the most popular 'syndicated' Disney comics
> ever! On my website visitors can rate each title from 1 to 10 and there are
> 5 publications of W.i.t.c.h. in the top 20 at the moment.
>
> As I am updating my site lately and I get information from publishers or I
> find information on publishers' websites, I get the impression that more and
> more countries are canceling Disney comic titles and only keeping the ones
> that are targeted at girls, like W.i.t.c.h and 'Princess Disney'-type
> titles. I wonder why that is happening?
>
> Kind regards,
> Arthur

There are other comics besides the Gemstone one's? There's even one for the Disney Princesses? Where?!!!!! I don't see them. When did they come out? Or did they only come out in other countries?

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse."
-Walt Disney (and a man)
--
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email