Money Bin Model

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Oct 31 23:13:06 CET 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

> I have to share this with you, as I really
> find it amazing myself...
>
> About a year ago, a Norwegian boy, Mats
> Gullikstad, posted a message in one of the
> many web forums I attend where he asked for
> helps and hints - as he was building a model
> of the Money Bin, and needed help on how to
> do it. I immediately asked him if he could
> send me some photoes of it when it was done,
> as I thought it sounded like a pretty
> fascinating project.
>
> Now, he's finished it, and today he sent me
> some photoes. It was beyond my wildest
> imaginations, and I immediately understood
> that this was something I had to share with
> you...
>
> I get the impression that the main inspiration
> source here has been the magnificent blueprints
> our friends Don Rosa and Dan Shane made - and
> that Mats has done about as much work as Don
> and Dan has.

A fantastic work in deed! IMO this model is likely to be more interesting
and made with more respect, love and dedication than anything shown in the
various Disneyland parks around the world. The only thing that makes me a
little bit sorry about this is that Unca Carl Barks isn't alive to see this
true masterpiece. My warmest greetings, and my most sincerely respect herby
goes to Mats!

Sigvald