AW: Sands of Time (OT)

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Mon Sep 1 08:33:04 CEST 2003

Hi all:

The strangest thing happened to me: Just when I wanted to travel back in
time suddenly I fainted, probably due to the overwhelming importance of
my mission and the overwhelming emptiness of my stomach caused by my
hour-long hunger strike.

I awoke in a city I could not have imagined in my wildest fantasies:
Buildings moved like rubber. People had separate body parts. All sense
of perspective was distorted. I fled in terror from this world I never
made.

Alas while fleeing I noticed a building which promised a safe haven: A
comics shop. I entered the front door and was immediately struck by what
I saw: In the middle of the room there stood an great pile of books in
slipcases: Several dozen copies of 4 different slipcases with three
books each. They had the same format as the b/w Cark Barks library bout
were bound sideways. And they contained the whole uncensored body of
Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse strips in crystal-clear print.

Realizing that I probably had traveled to the future I decided I could
call off my mission because it already had been successful. The joy was
too much so I lost consciousness again. While falling to the floor I
unsuccessfully tried to to grasp some solid object but only caught some
paper. When I got to my senses I was back home.

Was it real? Was it a dream? And how could I explain the piece of paper
still clutched between my fingers which read: "Comics Journal August
2023: "Comics' hero Kriton Kyrimis finally released after spending his
20 year sentence for fighting the good fight. He was greeted by fellow
hero Daniel van Eijmeren, who has been on a 4-hour-in-a-row hunger
strike for 20 years, and Kurt Wiltjes who got famous by sitting on the
world's shortest flag pole."

Wonders never cease.

Cord

P.S.: Sorry for the confusion my automated farewell mail may have
caused. I awoke too late to keep it from being sent.