Trick Or Treat

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 22:07:02 CEST 2003

Gerd:

>So, if a scene from the comic does not appear in the movie, this does not
>necessarily mean that it was Barks' own idea.

Accepted. ;-)  So let's talk about "differences between comic and film"
instead of "Barks' ideas", although I think we can agree that pages 16-24
are exactly that. In fact so much that the censor couldn't take it. The
other important thing that can easily be attributed to Barks is the
strengthening of the "unbeliever" element (Hazel's monologue on page 2 and
Donald's hesitating attitude towards her witchcraft), which is barely hinted
at in the short, although the simple reason might be there just wasn't as
much space for dialogue as in the comic.

>My DVD version (length 7'56 at 25 fps, ca. 7'10 without credits) does not
>contain the goat scene, either.

For what it's worth, Geoff Blum claims in the CBL that the goat scene was a
Barks addition. So we can probably add it to the list of differences.

Frank