Witch-Queen Snow White / Harry's trick

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Wed Sep 3 19:17:15 CEST 2003

From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>

> SHAD Z to RICH BELLACERA, 01-09-2003:
>
> >> 4) Witch-Queen from Snow White
> >> Another witch typically encountered in Forest-related stories.
> >> Always evil.  Not much used these days.
>
> > Whenever she appears in comics, she's wearing her "old crone" disguise
> > from the end of the movie (at least, in all the comics stories I've
> > seen her in, except for actual adaptations of the movie).  Why is that?
>
> In comics, Disney movie characters are often used in their most memorable
> appearance. Think of "Belle and the Beast". In the comics, Belle still
> meets her lover as the beast, instead of the person with the very big nose
> in the last minutes of the movie. (Maybe he decided that he was better of
> as beast.) There's also The Lion King. In the movie the father is killed,
> and Simba has grown old. In the comics, Simba's father is still alive and
> Simba is still young.

Yeah, but there you are talking about a series/feature based on the movie.
It makes since that the series would be based somehow during the film, since
after the film all the dramatic arcs and conflicts have been wrapped up.
Here, I'm talking about random appearinces of the Witch Queen as the villian
in a Chip 'n' Dale story, etc.

Anyway, the Queens "old crone" disguise is NOT her "most memorable
appearance," IMHO.  Her natural looks are much more interesting
and scary.

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/