Dialogue censoring in The Doom Diamond?

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Sep 4 01:09:27 CEST 2003

In panel 5.7 of Barks's "The Doom Diamond" (US 70), there seems to
be a dialogue change. At least to my eyes, checking The Carl Barks
Library reprint.

Srooge says: "I've got other terrible weapons I'm building, lads!
This ship will be a tiger of the seas when we finally sail!"

The words "weapons I'm building" (and maybe also "lads") look
different to me. Since there's a reference to weapons, I'm
wondering if the dialogue was censored by Western.

Does anyone have some comments on this?
Is there scan available of the first publication of this panel?

--- Daniël

"Ouch! A darn rock fell out of the sky from somewhere!"