Barks and Clara photo

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Sep 4 16:55:06 CEST 2003

JOAKIM GUNNARSSON to ARE MYKLEBUST, 04-09-2003:

>> A photo of Carl Barks and his second wife Clara is for the moment
>> offered on ebay:
>> I have no idea where it comes from.

> My guess is that it comes from his former managers.

Why do you think so? Do you think this by default when you don't know
the seller, or do you really have more information?

Anyway, the reason why I'm replying to this is that in the past, I have
been wrongful accused of willing association and cooperation with these
managers. That accusation is NONSENSE of the worst kind, so I should
forget about it. Still, your email makes me nervous. There might be some
poor souls around who'll imagine that my email about Barks's second wife
is a proof of such a connection, just because someone else mentions a
possible(?) connection between my subject and those Ebay-sellers... And
really, I'm not kidding!

So, in short:
- I have NO idea who these sellers are.
- I have NO idea who Barks's managers are.

The only "contact" I've had with the Carl Barks Studio, was a package of
promotional material that has been sent to me, because I wanted to know
what exactly Barks was creating at the time. (No strange motive for a
Barks fan, I'd say.) And for that reason, my name and then-current address
seems to have been put in their files, because I received some material
afterwards. (About a Marc Davis Studio they tried to set up, and some odd
other papers.) This was after Barks left, and I did not ask for it. I have
NEVER made a secret of that, and I have always been an open book about the
material I have recieved. EVERYONE could have had this "contact" that easily.
And some of their "extra" information has made me quite nervous, by the way.

Ironically, and to push the obvious even further, I was on holiday in Spain
when Barks and his managers visited The Netherlands! But of course, that
could be just too much of a coincidence, some might say. Others may see that
I get half-crazy when thinking of those accusations which have deeply hurt
me. I have NEVER been more than just a guy with an internet-connection and
some Barks books. What can I do? I can't even hurt a fly!

--- Daniël the Paranoïd Monk