Barks and wife photograph

UNDBKB@aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 16:41:18 CEST 2003

dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> >> A photo of Carl Barks and his second wife Clara is for the moment
> >> offered on ebay:
> >> I have no idea where it comes from.
>
> > My guess is that it comes from his former managers.
>
> Why do you think so? Do you think this by default when you don't know
> the seller, or do you really have more information?

> The sellers are indeed his former managers, they sell under the name
> "gildedegg"

It seems a little bizaare that they would have this in, as they say,"Their
collection"
I wonder how much of their "collection" was accumulated while working for
Barks?
It certainly is an unusual piece but not what most Barks collectors want.  I
would much prefer to own a piece of Barks memorabilia that Barks gave me than
to buy this from former managers who were discharged

ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2188651300&category=144