Marco Rota's "From egg to duck" story

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Wed Sep 10 20:13:33 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand wrote:

> I guess what I really want to discuss here, is: "Could one in 1984
> call oneself a barksist without knowing that Barks didn't think that
> Scrooge and Grandma were siblings?"

In my opinion: Yes.

> Have ANYONE heard from Rota on this siblinghood AFTER "Life of
> Scrooge" came?

No. But I know he likes Don Rosa's stories.

> Why did this relationship fall apart so easily when "Life of Scrooge"
> came?

Well, it didn't, necessarily. True, I haven't seen Scrooge and Grandma
referred to as siblings since LoS, but then I haven't seen their
relationship referred to *at all* since those stories came out.

And no wonder. Think back: How often was the relationship between
Scrooge and Grandma referred to pre-LoS?! Very very rarely. Perhaps the
reason there hasn't been any reference to the relationship since LoS
came out is because it hasn't been relevant to the stories made?

Besides, there are many theories out there: Scrooge and Grandma being
The waters are, in my opinion, muddied so much these days that I
personally prefer to just stay away from the whole thing. Maybe other
writers feel the same way?

Lars