Disney Cartoon Movies

L. Schulte lschulte at sfstoledo.org
Thu Sep 11 18:32:54 CEST 2003

Some people were discussing the early Disney movies and mentioned the
original Fantasia.
What are your opinions on the new one that was called Fantasia 2000. ?  I
thought it was quite wonderful, especially the sequence accompanied by
Respighi's Pines of Rome that showed the whales flying into the
universe.  Two things I would have changed: I really think this sequence
with Respighi was the greatest one, and should have been moved therefore to
the end.  Also, I really did not care for the New York story with
Gershwin's music.
Non-Disney news: I have heard that Warner Brothers is releasing a Bugs
Bunny/Daffy Duck movie around Christmas time called Looney Tunes: Back in
Action.