Sorry about the 'troll' thing

danshane@bellsouth.net danshane at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 19 12:41:53 CEST 2003

STEFAN WROTE:

> With all respect, Dan, I believe that you may be barking up the wrong tree
> here. I believe that I know the person who asked the question, and I
> believe that he is genuinely interested in learning other people's opinions
> and seeing the matter discussed. I also believe that he yet is somewhat
> younger than, for example, you or me, but I don't believe that is a reason
> to dismiss him as less "important".

AND I REPLY:

As I said before, if someone proved me wrong I would be quick to apologize, and so I do.  I did not recognize the name of the person who posted the question, and it just sounded way too close to a typical baited statement meant to start an argument.  I have seen message boards descend into the abyss of name-calling and hurt feelings because of "contests" like the one suggested.  I hope the young person who asked the question will accept my regrets and realize that mailing lists and newsgroups can serve a finder purpose than pitting people against one another.

Dan