Slightly OT: TaleSpin episodes

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 19:17:31 CEST 2003

> From: "Madame Jennifer Inantaz" <madame82 at hotmail.com>
> To Mr..Rosa:
> Did you do the scripting for TaleSpin the animated series? (I
> saw that in the article)

Not to jump in before Don has a chance to answer (at least in my
digest subscription), but I know a few details about that, since
TaleSpin is one of my favorite shows ever.  ^_^

The two episodes in question are:
-- "It Came From Beneath the Sea Duck"
-- "I Only Have Ice For You"

Both of which feature Don Karnage, my favorite character on the
show, and in my top five favorite Disney characters of all time,
so I pay close attention to these things.  ^_^

If you watch those episodes you'll notice a few Barks-like
elements, including:

-- The phrase of disgust "Gosh all fish hooks"
-- The idea of hiding valuables in something common of the same
color.  In "I Only Have Ice For You" Baloo hides rubies in
strawberry jam.  Then, later in the episode, Don Karnage is
convinced there are diamonds in an iceberg(!!) Baloo is
delivering.  (There aren't, much to Karnage's chagrin.)
Scrooge, of course, uses this trick in the Barks story about the
corn in the gold and the nephew's trained rats thwarting the
Beagle Boys.  (I'm terrible at remembering titles of Barks
stories; my apologies.)
-- Lots of hilarious puns and funny names, including the name of
a wealthy Arab prince:  Neverhas bin Broke  (not sure of the
spelling on that, but you get the idea)

Just my two cents on the matter.  :)

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/ (still down but back soon)