Cornhoot

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Wed Sep 24 06:16:23 CEST 2003

From: <H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl>

> Olivier:

> > I don't know that part; of  the park; it must have been added
> > since I went in 1991. Or I skipped it.
> > Anyway, I have finally found a picture of  the statue:
> > http://www.themeparks.com/library-06/wdw/toontown/ttfair03.htm
> > The name on the banner is indeed "Cornelius Coot".
>
> Funny. When I was there in 1990, the statue looked different (and
> the place wasn't called "Toontown Fair" either). Coot was standing
> on a square basement, not on two pieces of corn.

OK, I just did some research.  Toontown Fair (or to give it's
full name, Mickey's Toontown Fair) was opened in 1996.  Before
then, that little corner of the Magic Kingdom was occupied by a
land called Mickey's Starland.  I suppose the Cornelius Coot
statue was already in Starland, and was just moved and given a
new base when Toontown Fair was built...

> Probably they upgrade things now and then.
> I wonder if the streetname "Barks & Nash" still exists? In 1990,
> it was near the Coot statue.

No, there is no street sign saying that anywhere now, unless I
missed it somehow (I've spent a lot of time in Disney World this
year...)

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/