Some Technical Comments On US 322

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 11:24:49 CEST 2003

I'm not sure if technical is the right word, but I'm not commenting on the
content of the stories themselves so I guess it'll do.

One thing I've wondered is that on the 'In This Issue' page for the US and
WDC comics you seemingly never see when a particularly story was originally
published, what comic book/issue it was in. Unless it's a Carl Barks story. It's
not a big deal or anything, but it seems like that would be a good thing to do,
especially since I'm sure a lot of Disney comics fans don't necessarily know
about Inducks. Plus it seems kind of 'unfair' for Carl Barks stories to have
that info, but not all the other stories as well.

One other thing about US 322 that was kind of funny and threw me off as I was
looking through the book. Apparently the order of the stories listed on the
"In This Issue" page was different from the actual layout of the book.

As shown on "In This Issue" page:

1. "The Utter Limits"
2. "Dime and Dime Again Part 2"
3. "Everything Green"
4. "They Always Come Home"
5. "One Million Chase"
6. "Wispy Willie"
7. "Paper Chase"

As I'm typing this I realize the book wasn't as out of order as I thought.
Just that "Paper Chase" is the fourth story in the book instead of "They Always
Come Home". Stories 4 through 6 come in order after "Paper Chase".

I'll talk about the stories in a later post, but they were all pretty good to
me. Only bad thing for me, the two Barks stories in this month's US and WDC
are ones I already have in The Carl Barks Library Volume 8. I had been lucky so
far before in that there was only one Barks story that was printed that I had
read before.

Derek Smith