Glomgold, Magica, Pig Villain--EVIL?

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 27 00:36:05 CEST 2003

heh. This is my first post as well so here goes nothing.

I've never thought Glomgold was evil, BUT I've always thought that he was
the "Anti-Scrooge" - meaning that whereas Scrooge would not resort to
devious underhanded tricks (something he did once that haunted him the rest
of his life with Foola Zoola), Glomgold would have no qualms about running
people off thier land with guns or getting money by any underhanded trick in
the book. If the Disney Comics were of a darker nature I probably think he'd
even go so much as have soimebody killed just to keep his secrets or get
more money. But luckily the Disney comics dont have to deal with that nasty
aspect. ;)

Evil is a very broad term thats thrown around WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too often to
describe any villianous character. Probably the only person who'd come
CLOSEST to that description would maybe be Magica DeSpell. I've always seen
her as being the most malicious out of all the Duck villians primarily
because her desperation would lead her to do ANYTHING to get her hands on
the Number One Dime.

As far as the Brutopian Spy/Random Pig Villian (Wasn't the primary pig
villian given the name of McSwine in a few stories?), I see him more of a
nuisance than anything else be it to Donald or Scrooge. His character has
always been the "generic one shot villian" thats udes when the big two dont
fit. I'd like to see his character developed more maybe or other villians
broiught into the picture besides the Beagle Boys myself. I have to say I've
grown rather fond of Don Rosa's Arpin Lusene though. :)

Jonathan H. Gray
The Dubba Dubba WB!!!
Now With "Amazing College Graduate" Action!

CNW & Time Trouble: My Daily Comic Strips -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/chipandwalter
The CKC Message Board -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
Dub's Daily Journal - http://www.deadjournal.com/users/wb/