A Letter From Home

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Apr 3 05:01:45 CEST 2004

THERESA WIEGERT to me, 03-04-2004:

>> So, 'Letter From Home' is not a story to look forward to, for me. I'm
>> afraid this story will be yet another Barks revisit. I prefer reading
>> the original story, and brand-new stories which are inspired with new,
>> FRESH subjects.

> ohoh! I sense negativism here (correct me if I'm wrong!).

No, I don't think I have to correct you. Recently, it's just dawning on me
that I have been self-censoring myself too much when it comes to simply
expressing what I dislike. As if I only should limit myself to the things
I enjoy about Disney comics. Amongst other things, I'm very critical to
certain developments in the Disney universe, and I've decided to just let
that be heard, too.

> But. If you haven't read it yet, you're now prejudging it, which I never
> think is fair.

Knowing that 'A Letter From Home' is yet another Barks revisit is already
enough for me. I'm fed up with those stories. I simply can't stand them any
longer. That's why I don't look forward to such stories. That's a judgement,
no prejudgement.

> Perhaps I'm biased because of my love for old castles and everything
> involved in that, but I loved it...

Well, and *I'm* biased because of my love for Barks and everything involved
with him. :-)

And in general, I hate sequels. It's like chewing the cud to me. I look at
it as running around in the same old circle. I'd rather see new situations,
instead of variations of old subjects.

--- Daniël