this stuff we're discussing

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 17:25:57 CEST 2004

In a message dated 4/3/2004 10:00:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net writes:
>Staying in one brief
>time period for eternity is stagnation.

didnt seem to have hurt sherlock holmes too much.....
  or historical romances at all!!

but if everybody set up duck stories in the 1940s-1950s it might be
(sorta like Briging Up Father still wearing spats in the 1990s).
   but frankly, i think if we didnt know the Rosa stories were set in the
1950s, would we know?  I personaly (although willing to be corrected) havent
noticed any 1950s anachronisms in them.   would a strict rule against 50s stories
mean no Barks reprints?

a couple weeks ago, i emailed Gemstone complaining about those sword and
sorcery fantasy Mickey Mouse stories.  I dislike them intensely - and I dont read
them.  I do force myself to read the HD&L "lesson of the day" soccer stories
though.
  If anyone tries to tell me that those Mickey Stories are cannon, I will
just smile  at you, and re-read those old Fallberg-Murray stories.

steven rowe