Universes

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Mon Apr 5 20:42:21 CEST 2004

KAI + STEVEN:

> As a kid I always wanted to read about Scrooge's youth in
> chronological order. I wanted there to be some kind of structure. I
> wanted Barks to do one and hoped that there was this one big story.

Perhaps this is where we differ so much. I've never wanted or wished for
anything like that to be written by Barks or anyone else.

I don't wish to know the unquestionable secrets behind the behaviour of
Scrooge's. I don't want an accalaimed "truth" of his life, where people
afterwards can postulate that this is right and that is wrong. Some
years ago I posted that "History is unpredictable" and I stick to that
as far as Disney comics is concerned.

Don Rosa keeps sending us messages about him being innocent, since he
only posed the idea(s), and that he is not responsible of his
backslappers' opinions. This is okay of course. Yet, little mice like
Steven keeps popping up, fully equipped in armour and ready for full
defense. Hey, grow up kids!

This is about Disney comics and not only about praising Don Rosa (which
is okay to a certain extent). I am not the one to "protect" DCML from
such things to happen, but sometimes things get a bit "angular" here...

Keep reading.
Søren