About special projects

Whitefish II bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Aug 31 19:37:38 CEST 2004

Derek:

> I guess this message is more or less directed to Gary, since he would
> be in a position to know. How do comic book projects like The Three
> Musketeers, etc. come about? Does Gemstone commission these projects
> on its own? Or does Disney make a comic adaptation of the movies and
> since the characters fall under Gemstone's license, they say hey, why
> don't you guys publish this? I was just wondering how these projects
> occur since naturally, outside of them, Gemstone's material comes from
> Egmont, etc.

In the case of Three Musketeers and Twice Upon a Christmas, Disney set
about making the movies and, when these came near to completion, asked
Gemstone if we would do the comics adaptations. Gemstone said yes, and
we set about commissioning scripts and art. These are, in fact,
Gemstone's first all-new productions.

Gary