Dead Characters

Adel Khan adel.khan at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 22 18:08:59 CET 2004

How/why are certain characters declared dead/offlimits? Is there some creative/artistic reason for doing so, or is it some corporate decision? While I'm sure the decisions are made thoughtfully, from the outside looking in, some of the decisions about who is "dead" and who isn't seem sort of arbitrary or haphazard.

  The reason is Ludwig Von Drake isn"t that popular in comicbooks that much altough he had had a small four color series and was used by Walt disney only for television.Dell later had his own merchandising and later he dropped out.I like Ludwig Von Drake hes really funny. Egmont won"t use him cause he isn"t that popular in Europe because America had more acsess to televison and comicbooks.I hate the idea considering he"s dead if I was at Egmont is say screw that and for Hortense who can really say there dead. Not there choice Barks and Disney are the creators they can say that not Egmont.
  Besides I doubt that could get away with this.

Adel