Rosa in France

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Wed Feb 11 14:24:05 CET 2004

For the Rosa collectors: original Rosa pin-ups have started again in the French PICSOU MAGAZINE. This month's issue (#385) contains a new illustration for "Guardians of the Lost Library".
I don't know if previous issues already contain new Rosa work.

BTW, I didn't like the "staging" (?) of the new drawing very much.
There are 4 green circles in the corners containing pictures of 4 different cities, on parchments or books.
The bottom two circles are in a black horizontal area, separated from the "main" drawing.
To me, there are too many "drawings within drawings", making it a complex picture.
Liked the mouse, though. 8-)

Another interesting thing in this PICSOU MAGAZINE is that they reprint a whole bunch of Van Horn gags and stories from Gladstone's first period. Until now, these stories were only reprinted in Holland (and in albums in Germany and the US, I think).

http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/issue.php/0/fr/PM++385

--Harry.