The New Year

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 15:15:22 CET 2004

> Months ago, before DDA first came out, I thought I read that Gemstone
> planned
> to turn DDA from a bimonthly into a monthly publication starting early
> this
> year. I haven't seen any indication that this is happening, so did I
> misread
> the various releases or did Gemstone's plans change?
>
> Derek Smith

2003 turned out to be a year in which we learned a lot "in the field"
about marketing and distributing these books. It's a pioneering effort
for Disney comics in North America, so we'd far rather change our plans
than lock ourselves into anything so early in the game.

That said, there will be an uptick in output of these books, with a
one-shot Mickey Mouse Adventures volume slated for this summer. We aim
to see if this might lead to a regular series, which would mean a
monthly pocket book alternating between DDA and MMA.

Frequency of these books also depends on an increase in staff, and this
appears to be imminent. More on this as events proceed.

Gary