One quote left (Barks quiz - Twelve quotes of Christmas)

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 6 13:52:53 CET 2004

Daniël:

>>> 6. "Here is the deed - all filled out! Sign it on the dotted line!"
>>> Hints: Ten-pager. No Scrooge involved. Deed is obviously shown.
>>> Takes place during Christmas.
>>> Another quote from the same story:
>>> "Somebody's at the door, Unca' Donald!" / "We'll go see who it is!"

>>> Maybe I've already given the answer away by now. I find it terribly
>>> difficult to hint at this story without giving it away, because it's
>>> one of the better known Barks stories. I'm surprised that this seems
>>> to be most difficult quote of the twelve. And I bet you will be
>>> surprised, too, after finally having discovered the answer. :-)

Oh darn! Now I see! It's the first Gladstone story (WDC&S 88, Jan '48)!
Gladstone and Donald kept bragging during the summer about what each could
do; Donald betted his house that he would take a swim in Christmas eve, and
Gladstone come to take possession of  the house!
Good one.

Lemonade, anyone?

Olivier