Nemo plagiarized?

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Tue Jan 6 16:25:08 CET 2004

The story fascinated me, and I spent some time on the internet trying to
find a picture of the French creation.  Here's a link to the only thing I
could find:

http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/danielglazman/weblog/index.php/2003/12/20/9-CallItNemoOrPierrot

I read several articles and found several contradictions between these
articles.  First of all, the French fish is named Pierrot.  Several of the
articles said that Pierrot lost his father instead of his mother.  I don't
have the French book, so I don't know what the truth is.

Having faith in the megalomaniacal modern day Disney may be a risky thing,
but I at least have faith that Pixar wouldn't stoop to such petty theft.
Nemo and Pierrot look similar, but they are both anthropomorphic computer
generated clown fish.  The loss of a parent and a child becoming lost are
really universal and common motifs too.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if
Disney hadn't used legal but unethical strong-arming to bury the Pierrot
books.  They're not always such nice folks.

At any rate, I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

Matt