DCML Digest Issue 17

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Jan 15 14:41:00 CET 2004

From: <H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl>
> > Also I'm telling Gemstone of the various covers or
> > pin-ups that I've done for various foreign printings

>>> Good. Maybe you can also tell them the difference between Norway and
Finland...

Aaa, we don't worry about that stuff over here.
I told you about the time I was getting my mail from the mailbox (about 1/3
mile from my house) and an old neighbor was out working in his nearby garden
(his house was some distance away in t'other direction); he spied an ANDERS
AND issue that was in my mail and he asked me what language that was in. I
said "Danish". He said, "Oh? What country is that from?". I said
"Uuhhh...... Well, Denmark." He nodded and said, "Aahhh. Germany!"
But I'll bring it closer to home for you: last weekend I went to the post
office to mail some autographed comics to a fan in Amsterdam. The clerk was
punching computer buttons trying to determine the overseas rate without
success, and she said, "The Netherlands........ that's in Sweden, right?"
I just rolled my eyes and said, "whooo knooows!"