Scrooge Obeying the Law

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Fri Jan 23 22:24:13 CET 2004

I think Scrooge regards himself as an honest businessman.
There is, for example, that wonderful scene in "Micro-Ducks
from Outer Space" (US65) where he carefully counts up the
exact amount of tiny gold coins as payment for the grain the
micro-ducks want to buy.

But he can fall victim to his own greed and take unfair
advantage of a situation. Afterwards, he sometimes feels
guilt.

And if he feels threatened, he looses his temper. And then
he may scream things like "I'm Scrooge McDuck! You can't
arrest me!".

Fortunately, the Duckburg judges are not intimidated. In
"The Money Champ" (US27), the judge fines him five gold
mines for fighting Glomgold in the courtroom.

So I guess like the rest of us he's not above the law.

Nils Smeby