Gladstone Subscription Transfers to Gemstone

Carey Furlong stratocruiser at cox.net
Sat Jan 24 02:19:29 CET 2004

I got an email from Angela Meyer at Gemstone today regarding the transfer of
the old, outstanding Gladstone subscriptions to Gemstone.  I hope I am not
stepping on anybody's toes, but it was so encouraging I thought it would be
okay to post it here to the DCML list.  I'm sure there are other list
memebers who would be interested.

The emial is great!  I only hope they got my change of address right that I
first contacted them about last April.

Carey Furlong
Dana Point, California

Here is the email:

"Dear Gladstone Subscription Holder:

When Gemstone Publishing began publishing the new line of Disney comic
books, it was agreed that any Gladstone subscribers who were owed comic
books to fulfill their subs would be able to receive the new Gemstone Disney
comics if they preferred.

Since you contacted us, there has been much work going on to sort out the
old records and get them transferred into a whole new system. We have
finally accomplished this monumental task.

If you had already subscribed to either Uncle Scrooge or Walt Disney's
Comics and Stories, we have added the additional copies due you onto your
current sub.

For those of you who had not yet subscribed to the new line of Disney
comics, we have created a record for you and the issues due you will begin
with either Uncle Scrooge #326 or Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #641 due
to ship later this month.

We thank you very much for your patience, and know that you will enjoy these
great Disney comics well into the future.

Sincerely,

Angela Meyer

Traffic & Operations Manager
Gemstone Publishing