The I-Team & The Riverside Rovers (again)

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Sun Jan 25 15:09:51 CET 2004

Olaf Solstrand said:
>Maybe the I in "I-Team" also stands for information or
information technology.

The "Information Team"?  That makes sense to me, too.  IT is an acronym
for Information
Technology here in the USA, too.

>> I'm guessing that "Riverside" is the name of a neighboring town to
>> Mouseton, also?

>I always thought of that name as "the rovers at the riverside in
>Mouseton(/Duckburg)". As far as I remember, their soccer field is by the
>river, isn't it? Also, in Norwegian translations it's translated
>accurately, into "Elvebreddskameratene" (riverside mates).

O.K. That could very well be the case in the US English version of the story, too, but I'm not sure it's very common in many towns to have more than one "team" representing the town, unless, I guess, if the town is quite large enough to accommodate many teams.  In the story, as presented in MM&F, the "Mouseton" team was already full so Mrs. Fieldmouse opted to sign her sons and Gilbert up with the Riverside Rovers who happened to be sharing practice in the same park as the "FC Mouseton Juniors" (the local Mouseton team).  In my own experience, my hometown was spread out so far that there was definitely more than one team representing my town, but we weren't close enough to share the same practice field.  So, I guess you could be right. It would also explain why Morty, Ferdie & Gilbert had never met any of the other kids before, too if they all live in Mouseton.

Thanks,  Rich