DCML Digest

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Jan 30 06:42:02 CET 2004

> From: "Mickey" <mickey at iol.it>
> Subject: Re: Questions about Lo$
> Great! If you had wanted, you would have already given more details in the
> answer... wouldn't you? T_T

I'm not playing coy -- I really never know exactly what I will pick as a
setting for a "Lo$" chapter until it's time to do it.

> From: Anthvvuono at aol.com
> Subject: "Letter from Home" cover
>        Did you do a "Letter from Home" cover?

I have a standing-order to always do covers for my stories. Texts, also.
They are always available to any Egmont publisher who wants to use them. The
covers are available to non Egmont publishers.

> If so, will we see that in
> print in the Scandanavian countries within the next month?

I never know who will use my covers until I see it myself. But it seems to
always be a safe bet that AKU ANKKA will use the a Rosa cover.

> Also,
> does that story
> have one official title as of yet or use these two: "Letter from
> Home" and "The
> Old Castle's Other Secret?"

The story has only one title, "Letter from Home", in the official Egmont
script as typed up in Copenhagen. I pass that along the double title to each
(interested) translator personally. For one thing, if a country has never
used a literal translation for Barks' "The Old Castle's Secret", my homage
in-joke title, as obscure as it surely is in the first place, would be
totally meaningless to even the biggest fans.