Miky Mysterio/Mickey Mystery

Chris Hilbig chilbig1 at satx.rr.com
Mon Jul 5 13:17:56 CEST 2004

I've seen some art from Mickey X, and I can say I was quite impressed
with both art and color. Disney Publishing Italy can really produce
quality work. Plus, I would kill to see a detective series featuring
Mickey here state-side. I haven't seen any of the Miky Mysterio
stories, but if any of them were at least reprinted by Gemstone in the
upcoming MMA book, I'd love to check it out.

Lars wrote:

"Be prepared to see the Phantom Blot horribly
miscast as a wanna-be conqueror of the world!"

That's the trouble with the Blot, not everyone that writes a Blot story
either doesn't really get or respect him. So either the story turns out
really good or really cheesy. (I don't think I'm allowed to use the
other "C" word here :P) Instead of treating the Blot as a criminal
mastermind, whose goals of power and wealth are achieve in a methodical
fashion, he is treated as if he were a goofy caricature of a criminal
mastermind.  It would break my heart to see the Blot as any type of
wanna-be.

Getting back to my point, reprints in English of either book would be
great to see.

Chris Hilbig