Classic Literature parodies of Topolino

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:21:50 CEST 2004

Hi

I need some help of our Italian members. I know Guido Martina used correct
prosody in  his parodies of classic Italian literature, Tasso's Gerusalemme
Liberata (Paperopoli Liberata), Dante's Inferno (Inferno d'Topolino). He
used archaic language and metrical form of ottava rima used at that time.
How about Luciano Bottaro in his version of Orlando Furioso (Paperin
Furioso)? Finnish translation has no trace of poetic language. It's plain
straightforwad prose and normal dialogue all the way. How is it in original?

best wishes
Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -