"The Duck Who Never Was"

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Wed Jul 14 15:38:07 CEST 2004

Don Rosa wrote:
>>"The Duck Who Never Was"
>> represented "a new century", which is strange since it was made in the
>> 90es and it mentions Donald "being" 60 years old which was relevant in
>> the 90es.
>
> That is rather odd... but I guess they wanted to use that story, and they
> had to have *me* be the representative of "the new century" since I am the
> "new guy" among all the featured artists.

Yes, probably "the guy" (or the work of "the guy" in general) more than
"the story" was the representative. In the book Vicar represented the
90es, and in a situation where I had to place you and Vicar in the
categories "the 90es" and "the new century" I think I'd done likewise.
Although we saw your Lo$ series and many other stories in the 90es, we
were presented with a *huge* number of good-quality stories drawn by
Vicar. There were probably not many weeklies that didn't have a story
drawn by either Vicar or Branca during the entire decade. And being
representative of "the new century" is probably not so bad either, eh?
(I guess they expect to see more from you in the future :-)

Thomas

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~pryds/