About Eisner Awards

Mickey mickey at iol.it
Mon Jul 26 16:34:35 CEST 2004

Don Rosa:

> I'm afraid that I see this new "Best Publication for a YOUNG Audience"
award as a nail in the coffin of Disney comics in >America.

Well, I'm afraid it's a "problem" worldwide for Disney Comics. They are
considered for a young audience.
Luckly, Egmont let you produce your "adult" stories and other publishers
publish them, but you're an exception.

> But if nothing else, when Todd Klein again wins his award for "Best
Letterer" in next year's Eisners

I found this funny and unfair at the same time.
Klein is the best in what he does, but he prevents other talented collegues
to win, with all the consequences of a victory.
They should give him an "endless award".
It's like Mozart competing year after year at the same music contest...

Mickey