Gary & San Diego/Norman/Eisners/CBL, etc.!

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 10:47:30 CEST 2004

Gary Leach posted:

(I know, this is sounding like
something from a press release, but it's the truth.)

The only thing that made me suspcious was when you referred to yourself in
the third person in the opening paragraph. ;) I'm glad things seemed to go so
well in San Diego. Hopefully some new readers will be a result of it. And what
David Gerstein said about some teenage readers was nice to hear.

Lars Jensen posted:

Perhaps some
Inducks people could contact Floyd Norman for specific dates and
story/gag descriptions regarding the strips he wrote. There are a few
holes in Inducks, waiting to be filled up...
-----------------------------

That's a neat idea. He might be receptive to that if he isn't too busy doing
whatever it is he does now (besides writing some internet articles).

As for the Eisner Awards, I somewhat agree with what Don Rosa said about US
winning Best Title For A Youinger Audience. If it's just a one year thing, then
no matter. But if it's a sign of the future for Disney comics and the Eisner
awards, then it won't be deserved certainly. I was surprised that a Disney
title wasn't nominated for the Humor category this year. If any comics fit that
description, it's Gemstone's comic line! Surely a Humor nomination will be
forthcoming next year, otherwise, Don's post will be right on.

As for the Carl Barks Library's return, I believe I saw an ad in the recent
Previews, of Gemstone offering the third volume with Uncle Scrooge for sale
again (at it's original price of $130). They have to sell what they have before
offering new! (though to be fair, I'd imagine there can't be much stock left
for the taking. Heck, if I could spare the money now, I would get this and the
MM Deluxe Edition that was offered again recently). At any rate, depending on
the price, I may buy some of the new CBL if it all pans out. I only have sets
II and VIII. I was lucky to get good eBay deals on those. Those sets can be
pricey!

And it's great Todd Klein posted a message. That's the great thing about
DCML, you never know who'll show up! Like when Cesar Feroli posted a few messages.

Derek Smith