Kids and reality

evflood evflood at broadpark.no
Mon Jun 14 11:21:09 CEST 2004

Don Rosa wrote:

>The main point is that only a very tiny toddler would
>have this sort of notion that the fantastic beings and
>events on the comic pages are real...
>this kiddy would certainly be only 2 to 4 years old

Don, you bring back memories. My first movie experience was
when I was four and my parents brought me to see a feature of
Disney cartoons. I remember one especially, Donalds Vacation.
I was scared out of my mind and hysterical, they had to take
me home. Especially when Donald canooed into a waterfall.
He was going to fall!!! I do not remember the bear, maybe they
took me home before that. So, yes, to this (that) toddler the
images were very real.

I think the comics started to come out shortly after that
(yes, I am that old!) and they never were a problem.

As I am now older and wiser I can watch the Chronological
Donald DVD with peace and calm, having a god comfy chair to
hold on to.

Even

Even Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian
Ilevollen 3e
N 7018 Trondheim, Norway.
Phone: +47 73 52 53 53/ +47 95 11 58 14
evflood at broadpark.no
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
                                 (Shakespeare)