BelSel story by Heymans/Graaff (Re: Dutch Credits)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Jun 23 17:08:11 CEST 2004

SANDER DIJKHUIS to me, 23-06-2004:

> In "Donald Duck speciaal reclamenummer 2004" they've put the credits
> at the first page of every story.

That's an issue for (adult) advertisers only, as far as I know.

> You can see it on two pictures by Martijn Houwen:
> http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Martijn87-ReclameDuck2_111.JPG

Thanks for the picture! This the debut publication of a brand-new story,
created earlier this year, by Mau Heymans (script and art) and Kirsten de
Graaff (script). In the story, Donald is addicted to a homeshopping
television show. ("BelSel")

The script was submitted in February 2004, and drawn in the period shortly
afterwards. I know, because I've proof-read and judged almost-finished
versions/edits of the script in January, before it was submitted.

What do you think of the story? Not having that issue (yet?), I haven't
seen the finished and published end-result.

Is there someone who can make readable scans of the full story available
for me in *private*? (By using a secret, private URL, for example?)

> I'm wondering if they're going to do the same in the coming weeklies.

I don't think so at all, having seen an earlier issue of this exclusive
advertisers series, approximately one or two years ago. To my mind, it's
clearly intened for "insiders-only", with a very different target than
the regular, real Dutch Disney comics.

Only the *stories* in these exclusive issues are (mostly? always?) suitable
for other Disney comics. So, I assume (wish!) the BelSel-story will sooner
or later appear in the Dutch weekly Donald Duck Weekblad, too.

>> But I'm also thinking of a negative side of giving credits within issues
>> themselves: What if the credits are wrong or discussable? This happens
>> regularly. And I believe it's rarely corrected afterwards. (Or am I wrong
>> about that?)

> This has happened in the new "Avonturen"-album, according to Daan Jippes:
> http://
> p086.ezboard.com/fstripnetstripliefhebbersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=470.topic&index=73

Looks interesting! If only because of knowing that Daan Jippes also writes
on internet! I'm going to read his comments, later. Thanks!

--- Daniël