Time Out For Fun

Wolfsong wolfsong at mpinet.net
Sat May 1 18:01:23 CEST 2004

Yesterday, I became the proud owner of a lithograph of the Carl Barks
oil "Time Out For Fun".  I  guess a number of lithographs became
available to Disney and are being sold at the Art of Disney locations at
Walt Disney World.  Since I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a Barks
original, this has been something I've dreamed of owing for years.  At
first I purchased "Lavender and Lace" because it was the one I liked
best at the first location and supplies appeared to be dwindling.  I
then trekked to the other location to see what else was available.  (I
was determined to own one, but if I was going to make the investment, I
wanted it to be the best I could get, I'd already missed  out on one I
liked of  young Scrooge mouthing off in the Klondike Saloon [don't know
the name of that one]).  Finally, at one of the other locations I found
"Time Out For Fun" and I knew this was the one.  I chose it because it
was more suited to my tastes than the simple family portrait of
"Lavender and Lace".  There's more action in the picture, and I feel it
is a bit more representative of the stories I love.  It wasn't until I
got home that I discovered it was a bit rarer than some of the other
choices.  For one thing the edition size was only 100. (The others I saw
had edition sizes between 500 and 600).  It was also the first
posthumous lithograph release, and it looks from what I'm reading online
like it almost never made it to market, with some prints being lost or
damaged.  I haven't found any current information.  Can anyone give the
full story on this?