Gemstone's New Trend

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed May 12 15:56:54 CEST 2004

As long as we're complaining, am I the only one who is seriously disapointed that the 'no-reprint' rule in the '.....And Friends' line of books has continued so long?  I'd much rather see a never reprinted Stroble story, or most anything else to those terrible stories where Morty and Ferdie play soccer.  Buying a comic and waiting for it to arrive only to discover that nearly half of it is taken up with one of these stories is a serious disapointment.  I admit that every issue can't be a gem (pun intended), but I find it hard to believe that people don't want to see an occasional Barks or Stroble story in the DD book (at least give us a Barks cover now and then), or an occasional reprint from the old MM book.  I think it's great that the emphasis is on new stories, but kids deserve to see what we read in the past without paying $6.95 for the prestige book.

That said, I'll continue to buy every issue and support Gemstone no matter what, because what we're seeing now is far better than what we had in the past 3 years.

rodney.