Louts and looters...

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 5 12:58:35 CEST 2004

DON WRITES:

> But I can see (due to about a dozen signed prints on eBay right now sold
> by one person I encountered in Baltimore recently who told me that all the
> undedicated prints were "gifts for friends"), I must now *always* insist
> on putting dedications rather than asking for promises. And I plan to have
> a small rubber stamp made up saying "NOT FOR EBAY SALE" which I'll put on
> the backs of the prints.

AND I RESPOND:

I wonder if you might not wish to add to that stamp, "I RECOGNIZE THAT I
RECEIVE THIS ARTWORK UNDER THE CONDITION THAT I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO RESELL
THE WORK."  You can add a signature line underneath.  All this right in the
middle of the sheet to prevent "trimming."

You would sign the front, and the recipient would sign the back.  I know I
would have no problem putting my John Hancock on the reverse side of a nice
piece of art dedicated to me or a friend.

DAN