DCML Digest, Vol 20, Issue 7

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Sun Oct 10 01:02:12 CEST 2004

Richard wrote:
> Just for information, Inducks doesn't say that the last strip is April 28,
> 1993, just that an April 28, 1993 strip does exist. If you know the exact
> date of the last strip (and any other important info?) please give it!

I'm not sure if this is of any relevance in this particular case, but
the latest Donald Duck Sunday page that I've seen is the one from the
26th of December, 1993 (published in the Swedish Kalle Ankas Julbok from
1995).  This was the last Sunday of that year, being the (IMHO) most
appropriate time of the year to stop the production of comic strips.
The Swedish issue first contains all the 1993 Sunday strips, and then,
following those, some 1970s reprints, suggesting that the publisher was
unable to find any other new strips after that point.  A large amount of
the 1992 strips had been published in the issue from the previous year,
so reprinting those was probably out of question.

Inducks lists Donald Sunday strips up to 1998, but none of the strips
after 1993 is listed as published anywhere, so it is possible that the
strips do not exist and that they should be removed from Inducks listings.

Inducks reference: http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/issue.php/0/se/KAJ+1995

Stefan