January 2005 Gemstone Comic Previews

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Sun Oct 31 13:50:31 CET 2004

Don Markstein wrote:

> I'm sorry to hear  Derek Smith considers Disney comics "junk" he needs
> to get "out of the way" so he can "get talking about the real comics".
>
> Why do you suppose he posts on THIS list?

Derek didn't write that all Disney comics are junk -- only the ones
containing the classic/old characters. Remember: Lizzie McGuire
Cine-Manga is Disney comics, too.

Anyway, in light of his previous postings I suspect he was being ironic.
And I actually enjoy those remarks of his -- although he is of course
dead wrong about Li'l Bad Wolf being a terrible character.

Lars