AW: Disney comics archive

Cord Wiljes cord.wiljes at animagic.com
Tue Apr 12 17:24:24 CEST 2005

Steve Rowe wrote:

> Most of the Barks comics had stats made. Western was
> real good  about keeping stats of their comics.

For which we cannot praise them enough!!!

> Many comic companies  werent. Indeed about ten
> years ago, Marvel destroyed stats  to many of
> their 1950s non-superhero comics

Why would they do such a thing?

To my knowledge even the stats to Marvel's bread-and-butter titles Jack
Kirby's "Fantastic Four" and Steve Ditko's "Spider-Man" were
lost/destroyed and had to be recreated from printed issues for the
Marvel Masterworks reprint series. The result is of far lesser quality
than the Barks art we have today.

Cord