Numerous questions and comments about Gemstone

Jano Rohleder jano.rohleder at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 23:34:40 CEST 2005

>It looks like we *will* be seeing some work by Cavazzano soon
>according to inducks.  While the interview on www.comicon.com/pulse
>says that the upcoming World of the Dragon Lords will be by Ferioli, I
>think this is a mistake and the story was done by Cavazzano.  Can
>anyone confirm this?

It's a story drawn by Giorgio Cavazzano. As far as I know, Ferioli has nothing to do with it.

>Also, are we going to be seeing any long
>classic stories by such Italian greats such as Scarpa, Cavazzano, etc.
>in upcoming issues of DDA and MMA?  I have been enjoying the stories
>that have been put in DDA and MMA so far, but I am surprised that this
>format has not been used to showcase some of these classic long
>stories by such greats.  Is there a reason such creators have not
>appeared in DDA and MMA yet?

I'm also quite disappointed in DDA and MMA (especially as MMA was once announced to feature great Italian stories). They
include mostly very poor Egmont productions by Bancells & Co with idiotic plots.

Well, I guess it's simply for the reason that it's cheaper to use Egmont productions. While those are produced in
English (and therefore have to be modified only a litte for publication), the Italian stories would have to be
translated first, as they are entirely Italian. And a translator is an additional cost factor which is probably
unprofitable for Gemstone.

Jano