Hall of Fame 2006 calendar?

nils@math.uio.no nils at math.uio.no
Thu Dec 22 00:39:08 CET 2005

I saw mention here about "Don Rosa calendar",
with no definite information? Is there a 2006 DR
calendar published in Finland? In an Oslo bookstore
I saw however a _Hall of Fame_ 2006 calendar.

It looked perhaps nice enough, with contributions
for the different months by the artists that have
had books in Egmont's Norway-Sweden-Denmark-
Germany Hall of Fame series -- without looking
carefully I take it the artists are Barks, Rosa, Romano
Scarpa, Vicar, Marko Rota, Paul Murry, Daan Jippes,
and possibly Branca? I suppose the calendar is
being put out for sale in the Scandinavian Egmont
countries. In Germany too, perhaps?

Anyway, I hesitated in buying one, since I've invented
(& patented with the US Bureau of Patents) a genius way
of arresting time, stopping calendar time at 2003 for ever.
I simply recirculate the 2003 Don Rosa calendar year
after year in my kitchen, applying & moving around yellow
post-its (one post-it, two post-its?) with mandag tirsdag
osndag [sic!, keeping Don Rosa's surprising Norwegian
spelling] torsdag fredag lørdag søndag. And the 2003
calendar is nicer than the HoF calendar, imVho -- the
different styles make it too heterogeneous, too little
"one good reconisable style", and that hurt my prospective
buyer's eyes just enough to go back to 2003, once again.

Nils Lid Hjort