Another Disney list?

Germund Silvegren germund_s at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 16:57:16 CET 2005

Steven Rowe wrote:
>Is there another Disney list out there?
>Where people  who enjoy disney comics can post?
>and can debate (with good humor) the pros and cons of Carl Fallberg
or Tony  Strobl
>and still get along?

Steven brings up something that's been bothering me for for quite
some time. I have collected Disney comics for 20 years and gladly
discuss them with people I know. Yet I hardly read the DCML digests
any longer, as practically all that's discussed here deals with
Barks' and Rosa's stories. Both of them are artistic heroes of mine,
but I would personally find much more active interest in a forum
where people were also interested in other Disney comics. I admire
the work of Gottfredson, Jack Bradbury, Paul Murry, Tony Strobl etc
etc very very much, and I'm sure these artists are discussed here too
once in a while, but the messages simply drown in the endless flood
of Barks/Rosa discussions. By now I practically feel  DCML ought to
be renamed the Don & Carl Mailing List. Does anybody else getting my
point, or is it only me?

And yes, the far too numerous mails dealing with personal conflicts,
instead of Disney comics, are another reason I usually don't bother
to even scan the DCML digests.
/Germund