Cartoons/Comics/Strips

Adel Khan adel.khan at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 26 07:27:12 CET 2005

Dear Mr.Gerstein,

I actually think Jack Hannah didn't have a very broad
conception of Donald Duck.

 I found that Donald"s personaility in the cartoons is different in the comics. In most of the cartoons Donald destroys himself. The cartoons directed by Jack Hannah I like most of dem. Think Donald"s popularity was at a boost meanwhile he seemed tobe a villian in his own series being mean to CnD and HDL. The cartoons were rivalry Donald throwing walnuts at Chip and dale. I find DD cartoons great unless the plots being repeated.

 On Scoop I was reading your article Of Mice And Cats. I strongly agree with you that Western"s Mickey was dulled up adult dressed Mickey. In Calgary I was at this shop nearby I guy had some boxes with comics in them so I  got some and later he said I'll give u these five for free. One of the comics  I got was Mickey Mouse #211 I read Bradbury"s The baffling banana bandits" it was a dissapointment ailens with bananas was not the type of Mickey I was looking for. I love Floyd Gottfredson. My favorite Gottferdson story would be 'Island in the sky' with Dr. Dr. Einmug and Pete trying to tie up Mickey with musical chairs and Pete saying he was reformed yeh right and I am Mickey mouse. Excellent choice for DDF 323 Bark"s Lost in the andes. Any more plans for reprinting MM and DD strips by Al Taliafero and Floyd Gottferdson in Mickey and Donald and friends.

Sincerely,

Adel Khan

" HAS ANYONE FIGURED HOW MUCH MONEY IS A MAXIMAJILLION"