MMA2 'The River of Time' Comments and Questions

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Wed Mar 16 10:02:32 CET 2005

ZeldasTriforce at aol.com wrote:

> My question is, what is the point? As far as I know, almost all
> buttons have four holes in them for the thread to go through, so his
> bet seems kind of stupid. Or is that the point of it? He can't lose
> the bet and for some reason, Mickey accepts his premise of the bet and
> allows Pete to be the captain? When I read that part, I felt like
> perhaps I was losing something in the translation.

I haven't seen the story but by your description I think it was
intentional. Actually, I found it to be quite amusing but that just
tells about my sense of humor. It makes Mickey look stupid, of course,
but it just reminds me of those old cartoons from the 1930s. Mickey
isn't yet the smart detective. It's like tossing a coin with two tails,
you can't lose (unless the coin lands sideways, like in one issue of
Cocco Bill).