von Drake + SuperGoof

Ole Damgaard post at oledamgaard.dk
Mon May 23 18:13:34 CEST 2005

Thanks for all the answers on Ludwig von Drake. You have been very helpful!

This is what I concluded from various postings:

1. Von Drake was developed around 1960/61 by the animation team at Disney
Studios who was working with the tv-show "Walt Disneys wonderful world in
color".(team lead by master animator Milt Kahl. A fellow Donaldist told me
today, that Jack Hannah might have been involved in this animation team as
well, but this is not verified)
2. Taliaferro, also working for Disney Studios, "advertised" von Drakes
coming in his daily strip, getting Donald a picture of the wise professor on
the same day as his appearance on the show.
3. Western did a series with von Drake as leading character, probably by
direction of the Disney Studios, at approximately the same time as 1. and 2.

Did I get it right?

Trivia on Ludwig:
Ludwig is Donalds uncle, but not a brother of Scrooge. In danish, though, he
actually has the same last name as Scrooge;  von And. (probably because of a
translators mistake)

--------------------------------------

On  Thu May 5 15:17:39 CEST 2005 Søren Krarup Olesen wrote:

>Dear Don D. Markstein,

>I really have to give my compliments on your Super Goof story "Two heads
>are better than one". First for (re)introducing Super Goof to us
>Scandinavian (Egmont land) readers and secondly for providing just about
>the most weird (and funny) plots for a long time.

>Thumbs up, from
>Søren

I too was very pleased to see SuperGoof again, in D2004-131. I like this
character very much. In fact I think SuperGoof and I have something in
common; we both want to do all kinds of good things, but haven't really got
the brains for it....  ;-)

/Ole