Adel (Re: VP#2/Scoop)

David Gerstein ramapith at verizon.net
Sat May 28 18:20:11 CEST 2005

	Hey Adel,

	Ask a question of Gary Leach, get an answer from me:

	"In this edition of Scoop wasn't Uncle Scrooge #342 and WDCS supposed
to be there? I received my issue of US #342 and WDC [657]."

	It's actually myself, not Gary (hi, Gary!), who's writing the majority
of our Scoop articles these days.
	I was working in fact working on an US 342/WDC 657 article yesterday
when a massive power-out struck the entire Gemstone office building. We
had no choice but to shut our computers down for hours. This
arbitrarily forced me to stop work on my article, so Scoop 150 went out
as it stood at the time: i. e. without the usual Disney comics update.
	The update will belatedly appear in Scoop 151, along with another
Disney article about what's new next week.

	"Would Vacation Parade #2 be in Scoop issue #[1]52? When would
Vacation Parade #2 be released?"

	It'll most likely be in Scoop 151.
	As for when the comic will be released: I'm writing this from home,
where I don't have my publication schedule with me, but unless my
memory is playing tricks, it shipped this last week, so it will appear
in most comic shops next week or the week after.
	I'll correct this statement on Tuesday if I've misremembered anything.

	"What other stories are in VP#2 other than Carl Barks' "Dangerous
Disguise"?"

	Let's see here:

	D 2002-159 Uncle Scrooge in "Brig-a-Dog," written by Gail Renard,
dialogue by Tony Isabella, art by José Manrique
	W CND 10-05 Chip 'n' Dale "Out West," drawn by Harvey Eisenberg
	W US 51-03 Ludwig Von Drake in "Pigeon Panic," written by Vic Lockman,
drawn by Tony Strobl
	W VP 2-03 Li'l Bad Wolf "and the Pigmy Pigs," drawn by Al Hubbard
	W VP 2-04 Mickey Mouse in "The Ram's Head Ramblers," drawn by Bill
Wright

	Aside from the stories, we also have

	FC PM 317D Don Rosa PICSOU pin-up illustrating "Dangerous Disguise"
	Outer wraparound cover from the original VP 2
	Inside back cover from the original VP 2

	At the time we went to press, by the way, we didn't have a concrete
idea as to who had drawn the original covers. Our comic cites Inducks'
speculation that Carl Buettner handled the outer wrap and Tom McKimson
the inside, though those are attributions made without knowing for sure
(as indicated by ? marks).
	Personally, the more that I look at them, I suspect that
	• the outer cover is mostly drawn by Frank McSavage (look closely at
Daisy, Grandma, and Mickey), with another artist redrawing Donald's and
the nephews' heads
	• the inside back cover was drawn by Riley Thompson (compare the style
with mid-1950s Brer Rabbit Sunday strips)

	David Gerstein