Sequel to Gottfredssons MM and the seven ghosts published in Sweden (Ola)

Cesar Ferioli Pelaez lapis_niger at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 20:20:58 CET 2005

Hi Ola!

First of all I want to clarify something...

Doc Static=Ferioli

Mi old e-mail adress didn't work since a long time ago and a new "identity"
was the only way to receive again e-mails from the list. I'm a complete
*Goofy* on internet matters, I must say!

Well... I'm glad you liked the story. The script took backgrounds and
characters from "Mickey and the Seven Ghosts" as you well say, story
inspired in "Lonesome Ghosts", an old animation short...

There wasn't any order from the scripter nor the editor about. I decided
drawing old characters on my own, I think it was logic and the only way
possible.

Take the main characters for instance: readers have seen them evolving
through the years, so nowadays is "normal" that Mickey or Donald has nothing
to see with the old thirties characters... What could you think at seeing
Col. Basset "modernized" in a shot without seeing a logical process through
the years?

Thereby I preferred to keep as long as possible harmony in main and
secondary characters and, of course, backgrounds. Surely you can find some
"identhical" characters, I always had Gottfredson' story under my eyes
during the process.

I want to make clear it has been one of the hardest stories I've ever done:
more than "copy" a style is trying to change your own style into another one
(it happened to me also in "Mickey's Trailer") but at the end I had a reward
wich didn't deserve me... The opportunity of working deeply on the style of
Gottfredson in the thirties. You know, since Disney artists dont't make our
*own* characters, it's important to get back to the original sources from
time to time, that's an exercise I lively suggest to my colleagues...

Best regards,

Cèsar/Doc Static